VW T2 Camper van 1971 Westfalia (Left Hand Drive)
This lovely bus run lovely and we have used it frequently for camping and picnics over the last year. It is the low indicator, boomerang air vent model which is the most desirable of the T2 and only lasted from 1969-71. Very Instagrammable! The Westfalia camping interior is 100% there and in very good shape for 50 years old. There has been continual work and maintenance on this bus is to a high standard. Ready for camping or having some tea by the beach.
- Pop top bunk in place with NOS canvas
- Over cab hammock present
- Original rear fly net present
- Original table
- Cool Box
- Kent or East Sussex only
Where can I travel?
Kent is beautiful and from Folkestone you can go towards Dover, Deal and Margate or the other way to Camber, Rye and Hastings. If you want countryside the downs have plenty of options too. A mileage allowance of 100 miles per night is included (any extra and there is a charge of 30 pence per mile)
Who can drive?
Anyone in your party aged 23-75 and is named on the insurance document from Adrian Flux. The driver must have no more than six points from two offences or more than one fault accident in the last 3 years. (Licence and proof of address is required) see below. Please make sure you can meet this criteria before booking.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
Yes. We take a security deposit of £600 (£750 aged 23-25) to cover any damage to the campervan or their contents whilst in your care.
Where can I collect the Campervans?
Pick up is from 87 Seabrook Road, Hythe, Kent, CT215QP
We’d recommend you bring your own bedding but we can provide a bedding pack for 2 persons for £20
Is Insurance Included?
No insurance is NOT included. You must get it FULLY COMPREHENSIVE for the days required from Adrian Flux. They will run you through a full quote as if you bought the van but they are reasonable and knowledgeable and do daily insurance. We will need to check your ID and driver’s licence plus an excess deposit of £600 (£750 if aged 23-24) applies. (See document requirements below.)
Are they easy to drive?
The classic Campers are simple to drive and just take a little getting used to (a full induction is given.) The classics just need treating with a little TLC and understanding that things take a little longer (like anything over 50 years old) but you soon get used to them.
Can I Bring My Dog?
Small to medium dogs are okay yes. Blankets must be used on the seats to protect the material from scratches.
What Documents Do you Require?
- This must be submitted to email@example.com 3 days before pickup. (No paperwork will be accepted on the day)
- Copy of Passport
- A copy of the front and back of a valid photo driving licence card must be provided. This must have an up to date address.
- An online driving licence check must be completed and provided. You can do this here: https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number
- Two forms of proof of address must be provided. The address must match the driving licence and be dated within 90 days of the hire of the vehicle. D. Acceptable proof of address is:
- Utility Bill – (mandatory)
At least one of the following: Council tax bill, TV/internet/landline telephone bill (including Sky/Virgin/BT etc), Bank or Credit Card statement, Mortgage statement – please note mobile phone bills are not acceptable.